• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

my dog just ate acid

robd

Bluelighter
my friend dropped two hits of lsd on the floor and one of them looks pretty chewed up... it is a cockapoo, (small dog)...is my dog in danger? wat can i do? it is my parents dog ...please help asap... i know in humans lsd can be taken hundereds of times more then an effective dose... please help

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it should survive. Expect your dog to act a bit strangely for the next day or so.

a police officer came to my shcool and did a presentation with a drug dog (put a little meth in the corner)

he said that if even one blotter touched a dog's nose, the dog would definitly die. that dogs cannot handle acid at all

on bluelight though ive heard of dogs eating acid accidently and willfully by their owners and they turn out okay. probably just police ignorance then

My wife was a vetinary nurse before doing a pharmacology degree and becoming a toxicologist, and her opinion on the police officers statement was 'they are so full of shit'. That said, it'd be best to observe the dog for the next 12 hours to make sure it doesn't display self-destructive behaviour such as chewing its paws or pulling fur out, as dogs are intelligent enough to have severe anxiety, or have lasting psychological trouble, just the same as a person who gets dosed and doesn't know about it.

it acted a bit weird for the rest of the day... seemed very hyper and very easily distracted... i tried to comfort it and make it feel loved... it fine now though. thanks

I don't know much about dogs, but I remember hearing that the ld-50 for elephants is EXTREMELY low, lower than for humans.

^^^
seeing as we dont' even knwo the ld-50 of acid in humans i doubt we know it for elephants

My mate's kitten ate a tab of acid. It was attracted to the shiny tinfoil it was wrapped in. We tried to wrangle it out of her mouth to no avail.

Freaking out we called a 24 hour vet from a pay phone...paranoia and high as fuck. It was suggested to put hydrogen peroxide in a dropper and force the liquid into its' throat to induce vomiting. That was a scary scene...it didn't work.

Even with the tab in tinfoil, the kitty died about 3 days later. It was not a fun trip for us or the kitty.

KEEP YOUR DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF ANIMALS AND CHILDREN.
That should be obvious but it didn't happen that night. I had forgotten about that incident and I feel shitty again about it.

Hydrogen Peroxide? That shit burns if you have a single cut in your mouth. Sounds like it would cause massive damage if it got in the stomach. Acid + Base = ? (bad reaction)

Young animals are much more suceptable to the toxic effects of all drugs (just like babies). The advice that vet gave is atrocious, peroxide will cause all sorts of tissue damage to the oesophagus and trachea if inhaled. Sorry to say this, but if the kitten died 3 days afterwards, I'd say that the cause of death would have been the damage the peroxide caused, not the LSD - had it been LSD, it would have caused a fatality within the first 12 hours.

If you want to get a cat to vomit, just put something very bitter like lemon juice in its mouth, they generally vomit at the drop of a hat (I've stood in enough piles of kitty puke to say that with total conviction)

I agree. It was either the H2O2, or perhaps the tin foil itself that caused the death of the kitten.

Kilgore said:
Hydrogen Peroxide? That shit burns if you have a single cut in your mouth. Sounds like it would cause massive damage if it got in the stomach. Acid + Base = ? (bad reaction)

We did what we were told by a vet. Just goes to show that you can't believe everything coming out of a doc's mouth.

no shit man. I used to work at a lab and some of the acids and bases are more dangerous than fucking knives and guns. I ended up with all my skin on though, but that shit was nasty, I hated working with acids and bases.

fastandbulbous said:
Young animals are much more suceptable to the toxic effects of all drugs (just like babies).

the cockapoo is a puppy...its gonna be one tripped out little dog 8(

I had a kitten years ago eat 3 fresh liberty caps before I saw what he was doing. He was OK, but I sat and watched him for 8 hours to make sure he was OK; during that time, he tried to wrap himself around a chair leg and climb behind a radiator, but was OK after that. The only time when his exp[erience with psilocybin came back to haunt him was when he had to interact with me & my ex when we were tripping - he'd generally hide from us.

Other than that, he grew up to be a perfectly OK cat (until he died from a road-traffic accident when he was 6 years old).

I'm currently putting together a document about drugs, toxic reactions and household pets that'll hopefully help anyone that ends up in this situation

Glad to hear everything went ok with your dog. I was actually thinking about this thread earlier. My dog ate 5 mushroom chocolates with 2g a piece in them a long time ago when he was a puppy. He just started acting really wierd and crazy the rest of the night. He started getting dog bones and chewing on them so hard his gums and mouth were bleeding. We had to calm him down.